Brow Lamination Pre/Post Care
Medical conditions which affect suitability for treatment. If any of the following in RED apply to you then you are NOT a suitable candidate for Brow Lamination.
Herpes simplex (active sore on or around area)
Recent eye surgery
Recent PMU (permanent make-up, Microblading, Tattoo, etc). You must wait 4 weeks after getting any PMU
Cuts/abrasions/inflammation/swelling in or around the brow area
Eye lift Surgery
Sunburn in or around the brow area
Very sensitive skin (must have a patch test 24 hours before; call for test)
Medications: blood thinning, antibiotics (2 weeks), Accutane (within the last 12 months)
Positive reaction to the patch test
Recent scar tissue
Brow lamination is painless and easy. It takes about 30 minutes for the lamination, tint and wax. (If needed). Right after the procedure your brows will look full and all the hairs will be pushed in the desired direction. Just like laminating paper, the hairs will be stuck very flat to the skin and can even look slightly glossy. This is only for the first 24 hours. After you have washed the brows the hairs will not stick as flat, bringing dimension back to them. You will notice that the hairs become much more manageable and will naturally fall in the right direction and actually look fuller! Results last up to 6 weeks. You may use makeup or brow gel on them (if needed). Make sure you are moisturizing the hairs at night. Moisturizer is available for purchase at your appointment for $5.
• Keep brows dry for AT LEAST 24 hours
• Use a brow conditioner daily, after 24 hours, (conditioner is available for purchase at your appointment for $5)
• Do not apply make-up or receive any other eye treatments (waxing, plucking, lash extensions, etc) for at least 24 hours after your treatment.
• NO swimming/sauna for 24 hours
• Avoid the temptation to over touch the brow area after treatment. Touching can add oils to the area (from fingers/hands) and could clog the open pores
• Do not allow prolonged exposure to direct sunlight or heat; the use of tanning beds, saunas, steam rooms and swimming pools for 48 hours
No sweating/exercise for 24 hours
• Do not apply Retin-A, AHA or exfoliate around the brow area for three days before and after the treatment
• No self-tanning products should be used on the face for 48 hours after treatment